Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hawthorne 5k


Ran the Hawthorne 5k this morning. I wanted to break 20 minutes, but was unable to run hard enough due to a sprained ankle that has kept me from running for the past two weeks. Finished in 21:15 which is a 5k PR for me and a cautious step in the right direction. My friend America was able to beat her 30 minute goal and is already planning her next race. Sub 1 hour 10K? I am also proud of my mom for powerwalking her way to a 45 minute finish. She felt good and wants to mix in some running next time. Good job!

Participe en la carrera de 5k en Hawthorne esta manana. Queria terminar en menos de 20 minutos, pero no pude por un esguince del tobillo que me previno correr por las ultimas dos semanas. Termine en 21:15, mi mejor tiempo de 5 kilometros y un cuidadoso paso adelante hacia cumplir mi meta. Mi amiga America logro terminar dentro de su meta, menos de 30 minutos. Ya esta planeando su proxima carrera. 10k en menos de 1 hora? Tambien estoy orgulloso de mi mama, quien camino muy consistente para terminar en 45 minutos. Quiere prepararse para en la proxima poder caminar y CORRER. Bien hecho!

Afterwards, I headed over to the beach to finally try out my new wetsuit before my first triathlon of the year next week at Redondo. The Xterra Wetsuit is very comfortable and flexible. I really need to practice sighting. I think it will be easier to swim a straight line with big bright orange buoys in the water.

Despues, fui a la playa para por fin probar mi nuevo wetsuit antes de mi primer triatlon del ano que sera la proxima semana en Redondo Beach. El traje Xterra es bastante comodo. Mi di cuenta que necesito practicar levantar la mira para nadar en una linea mas recta. Creo sera mas facil navegar cuando hay boyas anaranjadas en el agua marcando el camino.

And the best news of the day... After swimming, I stopped at my favorite bagel spot, Manhattan Bread and Bagel. Still wearing my Triabetes shirt, the store manager asked me if I do triathlons. I told her about our club and mentioned that our first Los Angeles event is coming up soon, on July 25th in Hermosa Beach. She was nice enough to offer to donate refreshments for our event. Thank you Kristin Robbins and Manhattan Bread & Bagel!

Y la mejor noticia del dia... Despues de nadar, pare a comer en mi lugar favorito de bagels, Manhattan Bread and Bagel. Todavia tenia puesta mi camiseta de Triabetes, y la gerente del restaurant me pregunto si participo en triatlones. Le informe sobre nuestro club, y le comente que nuestro primer evento en Los Angeles sera el 25 de Julio en Hermosa Beach. Fue tan amable que ofrecio donar los refrescos para el evento. Gracias Kristin Robbins and Manhattan Bread & Bagel!

2 comments:

  1. Great time on that 5K, especially considering the injury and time off. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I taped up for extra support and kept my stride relatively short for a flat 5k. I'm doing a beach triathlon next week and will have to be even more careful coming out of the water, through the sand, and up some 50 steps to the first transition.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.